History of Te Puke Golf Club

The Te Puke Golf Club has been at several locations in its history but was bought and settled on its present site in 1978.

Golf was first played at Golf Te Puke in 1979.  All of the trees (bar one) were planted at this time and the huge growth reflects the site’s history as an old dairy farm.

There has been a golf club in Te Puke since 1921 and several sites have been used to date; the last being the land around the Paengaroa Motel, just down the road from Golf Te Puke on State Highway 33 to Rotorua.

Because the land was leased Maori land, it was decided that the Te Puke golf club’s future would be more secure on its own land, and the nearby steel farm was bought.

http://www.golftepuke.co.nz/

Te Puke Golf Club today

Golf Course Architects

The Te Puke golf course was designed by Harry Dale (1904-1995), a highly regarded New Zealand course designer.  An accomplished golfer, Harry was the winner of numerous New Zealand golf titles in his time.  During an incredible career, Harry designed more than 60 courses throughout the North Island.  His original concept drawings show that his design has been maintained over the years.

Recently there have been some changes under the eye of Denis Clark who has prepared a 20 year plan for the Te Puke golf course’s future development.

http://www.golftepuke.co.nz/

Te Puke Golf Club today